For the crust:
– 3 cups all-purpose flour
– 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
– 2 teaspoons kosher salt
– 12 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cubed
– 1 large egg
– 7 tablespoons ice water
– Nonstick cooking spray
For the filling:
– 1(15oz) container whole-milk ricotta cheese
– 8oz low-moisture mozzarella cheese, cubed
– 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
– 4 large eggs
– 8 oz hot capicola, cubed
– 8 oz Ducktrap Nova Lox cold smoked salmon
– 1 cup tightly packed whole roasted red peppers
– 2 pkg frozen chopped spinach
– 2 oz parmesan cheese finely shredded
For the crust: Mix flour, sugar and salt in a food processor. To this mixture, add butter and eggs. To continue, sprinkle ice water over dough; once dough has formed into a ball, turn dough out onto a floured surface. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes minimum.
For the filling: Start with whisking the ricotta, mozzarella, pepper and 3 eggs. To the mixture add the cold smoked salmon.
To start the cooking process, preheat oven 350F degrees. Roll dough into a circle over a floured surface. Place over filling. Fold dough under and crimp edges. To continue, beat remaining egg and brush over top of pie. Place the pie on a baking sheet and bake until crust is golden brown over 1 hour approximately. Enjoy!